At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. As Canada’s largest agribusiness, we support Canadian farmers throughout the growing season, buying their crops at harvest and selling them to markets around the world. We also process Canadian-grown canola and oats into value-added food products and ingredients. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and communities. One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Richardson is headquartered in Winnipeg with over 2,500 employees across Canada and the U.S.
We currently have an opportunity for a Controller in our Processing Finance Group located in our Winnipeg Head Office. Reporting to the Director, Finance (Processing), you will be responsible for financial accounting, budgeting and reporting of our oat milling operations. In addition, you will supervise, provide guidance and support to a small team of accounting professionals pursing their designation.
- Prepare, analyze and report on financial statements and findings to the management team
- Identify and make recommendations on weaknesses with internal controls to ensure compliance with internal financial, accounting and risk management policies and procedures
- Compile and prepare supporting information for the annual audit; liaise with external auditors
- Work with the operations team to compile key budget data and prepare the forecast
- Supervise and train a small accounting team in the completion of day-to-day activities
- CPA, CA or enrolled and working toward a CPA designation
- 5 years related experience in a financial and/or accounting related role
- Understanding of futures and hedging and/or experience in a manufacturing setting an asset
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate to varying levels of stakeholders
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.richardson.ca in the “Our Careers” section by May 3, 2017.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.